The Washington Fire Commissioners Association sponsors health and welfare benefits for personnel employed by Fire Protection Districts, Regional Fire Authorities and Municipal Fire Departments. The WFCA’s primary goal is to provide benefit value to its member fire service organizations through comprehensive plan design and competitive premium rates.
The WFCA Health Care Program sponsors:
- Self-insured medical plans
- Insured medical plans
- Insured dental plans
- Life and AD&D insurance.
Eligible employee groups for the WFCA Health Care Program are:
Member participating fire protection districts, their employees and dependents
- Qualified regional fire authorities, their employees and dependents
- Qualified municipal fire departments, their employees and dependents
- Qualified retirees
- Qualified WFCA employees
- Qualified fire commissioners
- Qualified retired fire commissioners
- Other personnel approved by the Health Care Committee and the Board of Directors
How to Join the Program
To enroll, a fire protection district, regional fire authority or a municipal fire department must be a member or an associate member of the Washington Fire Commissioners Association.
For fire service personnel visiting our website who are not currently enrolled in the WFCA Health Care Program, we hope you will find the information provided here to be helpful should you want to pursue membership.